Advertise your new Awesome App in your existing Popular Apps with Chartboost Cross-Promotion Campaigns.
Before You Begin 🔗
- Make sure to add your apps before creating your Cross-Promotion campaigns.
- The promoting app is required to have Chartboost SDK integrated. If you want to track installs or later monetize the promoted app, you should add the Chartboost SDK in this app too.
- If you’re only planning to advertise one of your apps via cross-promotion, you may also use Server-to-Server tracking.
- If you want to use cross-promotion in your Mediation setup, please get in touch with your account manager.
Start A New Cross-Promotion Campaign 🔗
- From your dashboard navigation, go to Advertising > Cross Promotion.
- Click + Add a New Campaign.
- Name your Cross-Promotion campaign and select the game you wanna advertise in the “App Advertising in this Campaign” drop-down. In the “Select Apps” section, select the app that will publish your new game. Note that this can’t be the same as the app that is being promoted since you can’t promote a game in itself
Set Campaign Priority Under Logic 🔗
When creating a new cross-promotion campaign you must choose priority by campaign or by location under Logic.
We recommend that you use different locations for cross-promotion and standard network monetization.
If you have separate locations for cross-promotion and standard network monetization then you will need to set priority By Location.
- Click on By Location, then select the campaign priority for ad locations in the new prompt window.
- Set priority between Low to Highest for any locations that are intended to serve cross-promotion.
- Set Never Show for any locations that are intended to serve standard network monetization.
In rare cases where you do not separate locations for cross-promotion and standard network monetization, then you can select Campaign Default priority between Low and Highest for the campaign.
If you don’t actively set a campaign priority, your cross-promotion campaign won’t show in any named locations (different from the default one) since it will be automatically set to By Location > Never Show.
If you’re running multiple campaigns, Chartboost serves the ads in order of priority, from highest to lowest.
- We will serve the highest priority campaign with as many ads as possible. When we don’t have any more ads to serve that campaign, we will move down to the next-highest priority.
- If two campaigns have the same priority, we will give them both an equal chance to show ads.
Under campaign frequency select how often you want to cross-promote your app.
Upload Your Advertising Creatives 🔗
Adding targets to your campaign can show the right ads to the right players, therefore helping you get the most click-throughs and view-throughs. This will give you the greatest potential to earn revenue.
- Go to Campaign Targeting and enter a name for your first target.
- By default, your target will include all countries, all device types, all players, etc. Customize your target towards specific players, countries, game genres, and more.
- Use dashboard analytics to determine the effectiveness of your campaign.
Things To Note 🔗
- If you’ve previously installed the game you’re trying to promote, the interstitial showing it off will not appear on your device. We do not advertise apps that a user already installed.
- Some of your cross-promotion impressions will go to our network.
- Apps that have opted out of behavioral targeting CANNOT start a cross-promotion campaign.
- If you are using Chartboost SDK for cross-promotion install attribution, make sure advertising apps and publishing apps in your cross-promotion campaigns have all been updated to Chartboost iOS SDK 8.3.1 and above. Your advertising apps and publishing apps need to be under the same Apple Developer account.
You might also like… 🔗
Last modified November 27, 2023