To set up attribution postbacks for AppsFlyer,
Add your Chartboost app ID and app signature to the AppsFlyer dashboard under Chartboost S2S.
Toggle the Activate Partner switch. This setting activates both attribution and postbacks. Accordingly, turning off this switch will immediately halt postbacks and reporting of new installs and events in the Partner Dashboard.
Below is an example of the minimum required settings for advertising with Chartboost.
Be sure to double-check that you’ve copied the correct App ID and Signature from the Dashboard.
NOTE: Under the “Sending option”, please select “All media sources” for best performance!
Default Postbacks 🔗
INSTALLS is the Default Postback event that is sent automatically.
- For negative targeting Chartboost requires the value All media sources, including organic be set in the Sending Option.
In-App Event Postbacks 🔗
Toggle the In-App Events Postback and choose Add Manually to set up Open and Purchase event postbacks.
No other In-App event types are currently supported by Chartboost.
- PURCHASE event postbacks are managed via the
af_purchaseevent and is essential if ROAS/ROI optimization is required.
- OPEN event postbacks (synonymous with bootups in Chartboost analytics) are now managed via the
If your app has a significant (100K+ DAUs) existing user base, we recommend setting the Sending Option to All media sources, including organic’ for a few weeks to improve negative targeting during onboarding (a device id list to process manually can also be shared as an alternative).
If your app uses probabilistic matching/SKAN, ‘Advanced Privacy OFF’ should be selected in the AppsFlyer dashboard.
View Through Attribution (VTA) 🔗
View-through attribution (VTA) allows you to register installs that are seen when a user installs your app within a short timeframe after watching a video ad, even if the user did not click on the ad.
- Capture the true reach of your UA campaigns versus traditional last-click methods.
- More installs mean a higher eCPM, which can help your campaigns become more competitive within the Chartboost network.
We recommend setting impression-based attribution with both device matching and probabilistic matching.
To enable view-through attribution on your AppsFlyer dashboard:
- Go to Configuration > Apps Settings > Attribution.
- Turn ON Enable view-through attribution via probabilistic modeling.
Refer to AppsFlyer’s Attribution Settings documentation for more information.
You might also like… 🔗
- S2S (serving-to-server) tracking: Leverage install attribution from third-party platforms to create CPI campaigns on the Chartboost network
- In-App Purchase Tracking via S2S Setup In-App Purchase Tracking settings for MMPs.
Last modified December 06, 2023