In-App Purchase Tracking
For a more complete analysis of in-app purchase (IAP) data across platforms or networks, as an advertiser you can also set up a Sever-to-Server (S2S) integration to import IAP information from third-party tracking services.
Using both Chartboost SDK and a third-party Server-to-Server (S2S) integration?
The default behavior is to continue listening to the SDK for PIA events and ignore S2S PIA events. You can reach out to our support team or your account manager and ask to switch you over from SDK to third-party integration, at which point we will listen to S2S events and ignore the Chartboost SDK events. This prevents duplication of events and maintains a single channel for incoming data. Apps can be switched back at any time by our support team.
- Open the app whose IAP data you’d like to send to Chartboost in the Adjust dashboard.
- Click Settings > Partner Setup.
- Under Networks, select Chartboost.
- Set Revenue Forwarding to ON and Attributed Only to OFF. ParameterForwarding should also be left off unless you map the Event Label value from the Adjust SDK.
- Enter purchase in the EVENT LABEL field under the Chartboost Event Linking section for any in-app purchase events you’re tracking with Adjust. Leave the EVENT FIELD, MAIN LEVEL, and SUB LEVEL fields blank.
Of the fields in the Adjust dashboard’s Event Linking section, only Event Label is automatically sent in the IAP postback as
product_id to Chartboost. There is no limit of events that can be listed in the Events Linking section. The window is scrollable, so you can add all purchase events you’re already tracking with Adjust.
- Log in to your AppsFlyer app dashboard and click Integrated Partners on the left-hand side.
- Select Chartboost S2S, then switch to the Integration tab.
- Complete the In-App Events section to as shown below and add your own Chartboost app ID to the chartboost_app_id field.
Note: AppsFlyer currently only supports sending purchase events to Chartboost. Other custom events are not supported. For custom events, the Chartboost Event Tag should be left blank and Send Value left unchecked.
You’ll find purchase event postback instructions at Kochava’s Support Center.
Public Key / Secret Key (Google Play & Amazon only) 🔗
If you’re setting up S2S PIA for Google Play or Amazon App store games, you must also add your app’s public key or your Amazon Developer Secret key to their respective fields on the game’s Edit App page.
Last modified December 06, 2023