Setting Up S2S Tracking
Chartboost’s S2S tracking lets you leverage install attribution from third-party platforms to create CPI campaigns on the Chartboost network.
Apps may advertise using SDK attribution or server-to-server attribution. If you plan on spending more than $1,000 per day, you may use server-to-server attribution through a third party.
Add click callbacks to your app 🔗
- Navigate to the Callbacks panel of your platform and click Add New Callback.
- Create a click callback using a third-party template from the Template dropdown. Be sure to select the template that applies to your app’s OS platform (iOS or Android).
- You will be prompted to enter additional information the third party requires, such as a bundle id.
- After filling in the callback template, attach the callback to the click events of the app you want to track via the third party. Select the app, go to APP SETTINGS > Basic Settings > Advanced Settings, and select your click callback from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
Add completed view callbacks to enable view-through attribution (VTA) 🔗
View-through attribution (VTA) allows you to register installs seen when a user installs your app within a short timeframe after watching a video ad, even if the user did not click on the ad. Learn more
- Go to your Chartboost platform’s callbacks panel and click Add New Callback.
- Name your callback and give it a description.
- From the Template dropdown, select the Completed View template for your partner (e.g. “Tune iOS Completed View”).
- You might be prompted to add your bundle ID or other information.
- Find the app(s) for this callback in the list below your callback details. Check the box in the View column.
- Switch your callback from OFF to ON and then click Save.
Configure your third-party platform to send attribution & bootup data 🔗
Choose your third-party service for more instructions:
To ensure the best targeting and performance of your apps, bootup/install notifications must always be called within the first few seconds of your app launching, regardless of any other actions or user interactions within your app.
Locating your user ID and user signature 🔗
- Log in to your Chartboost platform
- Navigate to Mediation. You will be redirected to the Helium Dashboard (https://helium.chartboost.com/).
- From the left navigation, go to Resources > API Explorer.
- Your user ID and user signature is listed under Authentication
Ask Chartboost to turn on S2S tracking 🔗
- Reach out to your account manager to enable S2S for your account.
- If you are new to Chartboost, we require a minimum deposit of $5,000 into your account to enable S2S features. Please add more funds to your account and then contact us.
If your app was SDK-integrated and being promoted by a Chartboost advertising campaign before you requested S2S tracking, you may be billed for SDK-driven installs up to 21 days after conversion is complete. After conversion, the install attribution window will be according to the third party, with a minimum of 7 days.
You might also like… 🔗
- View-through attribution (VTA): Track installs that occur shortly after a user watches a video ad but does not click on the ad.
- In-App Purchase Tracking via S2S Setup In-App Purchase Tracking settings for MMPs.
Last modified December 06, 2023