Platform Integration 🔗
Supported Ad Types 🔗
- iOS: Interstitial (Static and Video) and Rewarded Video.
- Android: Interstitial (Static and Video) and Rewarded Video
The Unity LevelPlay SDK exposes the native Chartboost SDK so you can access all native Chartboost interstitial methods outside of the Unity LevelPlay SDK.
How to top-rank Chartboost in Unity LevelPlay 🔗
- Log into your Unity LevelPlay platform.
- Select Monetize > Management > Mediation from the sidebar.
- Drag and drop Chartboost from Auto Optimized Priority into Manual Priority. Make sure Chartboost is at the top!
How to Setup Multiple Chartboost Instances in Unity LevelPlay 🔗
1. Create Chartboost Instances 🔗
- Log into your Unity LevelPlay platform, navigate to Monetize -> Setup -> SDK Networks, click on the desired App from the list of Applications, move over to the right section and find Chartboost, then click on Setup to create Chartboost Instance:
If you haven’t already setup Chartboost as an Ad Network, please follow this guide from Unity LevelPlay Chartboost Mediation Integration Guide to add Chartboost as an Ad Network
- Enter your Chartboost App ID and App Signature into the App ID and App Signature boxes, see how to find Chartboost App ID and App Signature here:
Note that by default, Unity LevelPlay puts you in the tab for Rewarded Video.
If you would like to configure for Interstitial, please Click on the Interstitial tab, the steps in the example below are the same.
- The steps below are using Rewarded Video as an example:
- Enter a value for Location (in the Chartboost Dashboard this is also referred to as a ‘Named Location’). Named Locations can NOT be longer than 50 characters.Note: Chartboost app country API can provide data breakdown by adLocation (Named Locations) values that cross a small threshold of activity (generally around 10 different ad creatives displayed, for example), otherwise they will not be broken out and instead aggregated under the other grouping.
The Named Location will automatically appear in your Chartboost Dashboard after this Named Location has been used in this Ad Unit for a few ad requests.
Login to your Chartboost platform. You will find the Named Location under your publishing campaign. If an Ad Unit ID is for rewarded placement, it will only appear in rewarded video campaigns. If it is for interstitial placement, it will only appear under interstitial campaigns.
- Continue on to the Add More Chartboost Instances section if you would like to add more Chartboost Instances. If you are ONLY using one Instance, click on Save and continue to the next section.
Add more Chartboost Instances (Optional) 🔗
- To add more Chartboost Instances, click on +Add Network Instance> in the screenshot below.
- Enter another Location (in the Chartboost Dashboard this is also referred to as a ‘Named Location’) for the new Instance:
Note: Named Locations can NOT be longer than 50 characters.
- Note that when you have more than one Instance, Unity LevelPlay will let you rename each Instance’s name.
- Repeat the step above to add up to 3 different Instances from Chartboost. Click on Save when finished.
2. Include Chartboost Instances in Mediation Groups 🔗
If you have more than one Mediation Group in Unity LevelPlay, please remember to include all the Chartboost Instances in each of the Mediation Groups where you would like to serve Chartboost Ads.
- To make sure Chartboost Instances are included, login to the Unity LevelPlay platform, navigate to Monetize > Setup > SDK Networks, Click on the desired App from the list of Applications, move over to the right section and find Chartboost, then click on the Edit icon.
- Click on the ‘Mediation Groups’ dropdown, and check on all the Groups that you would like to Include Chartboost Instances. Note, this has to be done for each Instance. By default, all Groups are included.
- Click on Save when finished.
3. Manually Rank Chartboost Instances 🔗
When you have multiple instances in a Unity LevelPlay Mediation Group, you can then manually rank each Instance.
To manually rank Instances in a Unity LevelPlay waterfall, login to the Unity LevelPlay platform, and navigate to Monetize > Management > Mediation.
- Click on the desired App from the Application list
- Click on the desired Mediation Group in the Group(s) list
- Click on the desired Ad type (Rewarded/Interstitial)
Note that by default, Unity LevelPlay puts you in the tab for Rewarded Video,
The steps below are using Rewarded Video as an example but the process is the same for Interstitial.
- Drag and drop Chartboost from Auto Optimized Priority into Manual Priority.
- Once you’ve positioned an instance of this ad source in this section, your app will serve ads from that ad source prior to those in the Auto Optimized section.
- Within the Manual Section, Instances with a smaller rank number will be served prior to those with a bigger number.
Please make sure you have manually ranked all the Chartboost Instances properly. Any Instances in the Auto Optimized section will be served after Manual Section in a waterfall. Within the Auto Optimized section, Unity LevelPlay will pick the highest-ranking eCPM Instance at the moment to serve ads.
- If you have multiple Mediation Group(s), you will need to repeat Step 3 for each Mediation Group where Chartboost Instances are included.
And that’s it!
The Ad Unit in the Mediation Group(s) will now be able to request ads with multiple Instances from Chartboost (Top-ranked first).
Last modified November 27, 2023