Ad Format Support
- Rewarded Video
Setup AppLovin apps and ad placements 🔗
Create an AppLovin account 🔗
Add an app and ad unit to your AppLovin dashboard 🔗
App(s) and ad unit(s) must be setup on your AppLovin account before connecting the network to Chartboost Mediation. AppLovin strongly recommends that you use a single ad unit ID for each format within an app. This ensures an ad is always cached and avoids unnecessary app/user bandwidth usage.
- Navigate to Max > Mediation > Manage > Ad Units.
- Click +Create Ad Unit.
- Give the ad unit a Name.
- Select the Platform and connect the app by entering the application name, package name, bundle ID, or numerical iTunes ID.
- Select the Ad Type.
- Skip the waterfall section and click Save.
Create an AppLovin ad placement 🔗
- In your Applovin’s dashboard, navigate to AppDiscovery > Zones.
- Click +Create Zone.
- Setup your zone details and click Save.
- You will need the Zone and Zone ID displayed on the Zones table.
Retrieve your AppLovin credentials 🔗
There are 2 pieces of data from your AppLovin account that are required to connect with Chartboost Mediation:
- To find the SDK Key, go to Account > Keys.
- To find the Report Key, go to Account > Keys.
Connect AppLovin waterfall to Chartboost Mediation 🔗
- Log in to your Chartboost platform.
- Navigate to Mediation > Networks.
- Under Mediation Networks, select AppLovin from the Select network dropdown.
- Enter the SDK Key and Report Key from your AppLovin account.
com.applovin:applovin-sdk:+as the Package Name.
- Click the + button next to the AppLovin button.
Add AppLovin waterfall placement to Chartboost Mediation 🔗
- In your Chartboost platform, navigate to Mediation > Placements.
- Select the app from the top-right dropdown.
- Below your metrics graph, click New Placement.
- Select an Ad Format.
- Set an Ad Placement Name.
- Under Waterfall > Ad Groups, click Add.
- Select from the existing or Create a new Ad Group.
- Set a Name and Country List.
- Click Add New Line Item.
- Select AppLovin as the Network.
- Add the AppLovin Zone to the Name field.
- Add the AppLovin Zone ID to the Partner Placement Name.
- Set a CPM.
- Make sure Add to Ad Group is selected.
- Click Create New.
- A new line item will be added. Make sure the line item’s Add to Ad Group checkbox is selected and click +Add Selected Items on the bottom right.
Integrate Network Adapter 🔗
Refer to our Chartboost Mediation Adapter Integration Manager for the latest supported adapter version and integration instructions.
Last modified November 27, 2023