How long does it take analytics data to be updated on the dashboard? 🔗
Regular analytics are updated within 2 to 6 hours.
Where do I find my user ID and user signature? 🔗
You can find your user ID and user signature from the top left navigation under Mediation > Resources > API Explorer.
Click the Link icon to copy your user ID or user signature to the clipboard.
How do I download my analytics? 🔗
There are a few different options when it comes to monitoring your account. Your dashboard offers at-a-glance views to easily identify trends over time.
If you need to view more detailed reports, head to Mediation > Performance > Reports, where you can download the data in TSV or CSV to use with Excel or other programs.
Review our Viewing Analytics documentation for more information.
Where can I find my banner analytics? 🔗
Your banner analytics are available in Monetization > Analytics from your Chartboost platform. The Campaign Analytics section does not include banner analytics.
Why are there earning discrepancies between App and Campaign Analytics when I use Banners? 🔗
Because your Banner analytics are only displayed in the App Analytics section of the Chartboost platform, your earnings will not match between App and Campaign analytics. Your total earnings are correctly displayed in the App Analytics and your interstitial & rewarded earnings are displayed in the campaign analytics.
How are analytics and API reports formatted? 🔗
- The time zone used in analytics reports is Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Most analytics reports returned from our API are in JSON format.
- (Starting May-02-2022 Postponed to a future date) Reports requesting from the campaign endpoint that group by country or creative, or all queries against the export install endpoint, are returned in CSV (Comma-separated value) format.
NOTE: Data values will no longer be wrapped in quotes. Empty data values and data values that have commas will be wrapped with double quotes (Example: data_value1, iPhone13,4”).
- All reports are UTF-8 encoded for proper display of non-Latin characters.
- If you make programmatic changes to analytics data received from Chartboost, you may need to update your system to account for comma separation.
- Analytics reports should continue to open properly in Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
Why aren’t I seeing any bootups or installs for my game? 🔗
Don’t fret because bootups/installs and other actions can take up to 2-6 hours to be reflected in the platform. Try checking your analytics again after that delay. You can also check our Chartboost System Operation Status for any system errors or outages that may cause interference.
If you’re still not able to see bootups/installs, double-check your code for one of the following calls:
- iOS games:
[Chartboost startWithAppId:@"YOURAPPID" appSignature:@"YOURAPPSIGNATURE" delegate:self];
- Android games:
Chartboost.startWithAppId(this, "YOURAPPID", "YOURAPPSIGNATURE");
- iOS games built with Unity:
- Android games built with Unity:
Our system needs to receive these calls from your game every time it becomes active to accurately track bootups and installs.
What are callbacks? How can I add them? 🔗
Callbacks are server-to-server event notifications that report detailed information about clicks or converted installs driven by your campaigns.
See Setting Up Callbacks for more information.
How much data is too much to pull at once? 🔗
Larger analytics reports will automatically be returned in TSV form after our system processes the data, but if you regularly have trouble downloading the file, we recommend using callbacks or our API to report information to a third-party server or system.
Can I see how my campaigns are doing by country? 🔗
- From the navigation menu, go to Advertising > Campaigns > Analytics.
- Select Country from the Group by dropdown.
- Filter your results by Role and Campaign Type.
- Click the Download button to export your data in a spreadsheet-friendly format.
Why don’t my Chartboost installs match iTunes Connect? 🔗
Several factors can cause discrepancies between your app’s iTunes Connect install count and Chartboost’s.
Below are some common causes:
- iTunes Connect reports installs based on Apple IDs, while Chartboost uses unique device identifiers. This means you may see more than one install from Device X in iTunes Connect, but only one in Chartboost.
- iTunes logs an install the moment your game is installed (even before launch). Chartboost requires the game to be launched at least once, with a reliable internet connection and proper SDK integration.
- Chartboost always reports in PST/PDT (UTC-8 hours/UTC-7 hours), but iTunes reporting can vary depending on the developer’s location. iTunes Connect uses:
- PST/PDT for developers in the US, Canada, and Latin America
- CET for developers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific
- JST for developers in Japan
- WST for developers in Australia and New Zealand
Refer to iTunes Connect reporting for more information.
What’s the difference between all installs, bootups, uniques, installs delivered, and installs received? 🔗
- All installs: The number of times that Chartboost receives an initialization call from your app. Often includes installs not received from Chartboost.
- Bootups: A call from the Chartboost SDK that is logged each time a user launches your app on a device.
- Uniques: The number of unique devices that launch your app. This number is a unique count of devices per app, per day. Uniques cannot be summed across apps or days because this would duplicate some devices and result in an inflated number. The accuracy of the number of uniques depends on the developer sending 100% of their app’s bootups to Chartboost.
- Installs delivered: The number of times a user clicked an ad, then initially booted up the promoted app during your publishing campaign.
- Installs received: The number of times users initially booted up your game after clicking an ad for it in an advertising or cross-promotion campaign.
Last modified November 27, 2023